Spinal Tumor Surgery in Bangalore is provided with the best medical practices at the Vitus Spine Care Center. With highly competent specialists, we offer high-quality services, equipped with modern equipment, and advanced technology for different spine disorders.
A spinal tumor is considered as an abnormal tissue growth that develops within the spinal cord or within the bones of the spine. Tumors in the spine can cause back pain due to the expansion of the bone or weaken the bone.
Tumors that occur in the spinal cord are called primary spinal tumors. Tumors that spread to the spine from other parts of the body (metastasize) are called secondary spinal tumors. Tumors may spread from the breast, prostrate, lung, and other areas.
Depending upon the diagnosis, the exact treatment is provided, whether surgical or non-surgical. The nature of the treatment is based on the type of tumor.
1. Anterior corpectomy, tumor resection, decompression, and stabilization with plates
2. Posterior cervical pedicle screw-rod instrumentation, tumor resection, decompression with fusion
3. Posterior cervical lateral mass screw-rod instrumentation with tumor resection, decompression and fusion
4. Combined anterior and posterior procedures with tumor resection and stabilization.
1. Minimally invasive Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty.
2. Anterior thoraco-abdominal approach with corpectomy, tumor resection, decompression and anterior instrumentation
3. Posterior pedicle screw-rod instrumentation with tumor resection(En-Bloc), decompression and fusion
4. Combined anterior and posterior procedures.
1. En-bloc Segmental resection
2. Total sacrectomy with spino-pelvic reconstruction using pedicle screws and iliac screw-rod fixation.
1. It occurs in the vertebral column and grows either from the bone or disc elements of the spine.
2. This type of tumor arises from advanced cancer from another organ.
3. Control of severe pain by removing the pressure on the nerve roots
4. Preserve neurological function by removing the pressure on the spinal cord
5. Reconstruction of the unstable spine with a spinal fusion
1. Intramedullary spinal tumors can occur inside the spinal cord.
2. This type of tumors can be surgically removed
3. Totally remove the tumor and preserve the neurological function
1. This type of tumor occurs within the spinal canal but outside of the nerves.
2. Surgical is the best option for totally removing of tumor and to preserve the neurological function
Spinal tumors or growth of any kind can lead to the pain. It may have various signs of problems and even result in life-threatening that can cause permanent disability, whether the tumor may be cancerous or non-cancerous.
A thorough medical and neurological examination may help to detect the location of the tumor. However, certain Radiological tests are required to confirm spinal tumor.
At Vitus Spine Care Center, we follow the best techniques using advanced resources and facilities to conduct the spinal tumor surgery. We have the non-surgical approach for spinal tumor as well, but our ultimate goal is to ensure that the pain is minimized, prevent paralysis, and restore the function of the spine to bring back stability and mobility.